Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

After being separated for a year( in the state of NY.) and divorced for a year now(in the state on North Carolina, my ex-husband got a bill from NY state saying that the geo thermal unit we put in in 2015 is now not considered a valid deduction. We were approved for it by the state before we did it though. Don't know why they changed their mind now. So now, my ex wants me to pay half the bill. Do I legally have to give him any money?

Asked on 12/10/18, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

I am assuming this is in a house you owned? If so, who owns it now? If your ex owns it and you do not - it is likely his problem.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/18, 7:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina