Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

I just got served a civil action for an old credit card I used to have I do I need a lawyer for that also how do I submit an answer?

Asked on 3/26/20, 6:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

What you are asking is the functional equivalent of going to a mechanic website and asking how to rebuild your car's transmission. If you have car trouble - you go to a mechanic, if you have legal problems - you hire an attorney. Depending on what they are asking for, likely the worst that will happen is they get a money judgment against you. If you don't care about a hit to your credit and are judgment proof, meaning that you have no non-exempt assets that can be seized then you may not even want to bother with the case at all. If you have things that can be seized or garnished such as tax returns or financial accounts, you may wanna consult with an attorney - especially if the amount they are asking for is over a few grand.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/20, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina