Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

I recently was given a drinking ticket in North Carolina. I am 18. The police knew we were drinking and one of the guys I was with said so, so they didn't breathalyzer. They told us if we paid the fine we didn't have to go to court, and they didn't mention anything about community service or it going on our record. What should I do to make sure that it is off my record, should I go to court or just pay the fine by mail like what they said? I could not find the proper category of law because we were not driving or close to a vehicle.

Asked on 8/22/12, 3:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Mills Burns Day and Presnell, P.A.

You need to hire a criminal defense/traffic attorney to assist you with this. Preferably someone who practices in the county where the ticket was issued.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/12, 5:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina