Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

I was shot in the upper thigh (through and through) by a man who was arguing with another gentleman 5 1/2 blocks away from where I was walking. I have no permanent physical damage; however, emotionally it has affected me. It has also exacerbated my trigeminal neuralgia. Do I have a case and what would I hope to gain?

Asked on 6/23/23, 2:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

If you were shot, I assure you, you most definitely have permanent physical damage - even if nothing more than a scar. Consult with a local Personal Injury attorney about what your options are. However typically, the type of people that shoot at other people over an argument are trifling and worthless and have zero assets to go after in a law suit.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/23, 4:18 pm
John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

Hi. You could have a claim for negligence against this person. If he has homeowner's insurance, or even renter's insurance, then he likely has liability coverage, which would probably cover this type of claim. I have dealt with many personal injury claims as well as insurance coverage issues. If there is insurance coverage, then you can recover for your medical expenses, lost earnings, scarring, and pain-and-suffering.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/23, 6:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina