Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

In NC, if a plea deal is granted which replaces a failure to appear with failure to notify NCDOT of address change,

is the $200 FTA fee still required?

Asked on 7/23/18, 1:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

The plea deal likely did not replace the FTA, it replaced the original charge. If that is the case, you will likely still have to pay the $200 FTA penalty. If this plea negotiation has already taken place, you shouldn't have been able to leave court without knowing what you were obligated to pay.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/18, 6:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina