Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

I am being charged with Obstruction of Official misdemeanor M2 due to failing to give the officers my I.d or telling them who I was.

Being charged with criminal trespassing M4 because my boyfriend and I were parked at an apartment complex where we didn't know anyone.

Being charged with Public Indecency M3 because they found us naked in the vehicle parked no keys in ignition.

Now I have absolutely no recollection of any of this happening as I was way too inebriated. I have a clean record these are my first offenses for these and never in my right mind would I have acted not done any of that.

I went to court to plead no contest but Judge wouldn't accept and rescheduled court date for me to talk to the prosecutor after he reviews it.

I'm a single Mom who goes to school full time and am sole provider for my son. I can not afford to have these charges on my record causing me future problems in pursuing my career;jobs; or anything with background for that matter. This is completely out of character for me I was having a bad day and decided hey alcohol might help :( . Please help me with any advice you can my court date is on May 12th at a Mayors court. I am unable to obtain a public defender due to the fact a girlfriend of mine bonded me out and can not afford to wait any longer on receiving her money back if they were to transfer and prolong case. Thanks in advance!

Asked on 5/02/16, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC

I'm not quite sure about the explanation you give that you can not get a public defender other than your girlfriend needs the money back. You need a lawyer, whether PD or for hire. Use a credit card, borrow if you can but do not go in to the prosecutor's office without representation. There is no telling what he/she might offer, if anything. Sometimes they are very reasonable. Sometimes not, depending on the judge. And yes, you are correct when you state that this could very well cause you problems in the future. Get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/16, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio