Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

If someone makes a false allegation against me that cost me income is there any legal recourse for me to take against the accuser?

Asked on 8/11/21, 10:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jann Washington Jann C. Washington, Esq., LLC

You may have a case for slander, but it is very difficult to prove so you would need clear and convincing documentation (or witnesses) of the slander, and documentation that proves that your loss of income was a direct and proximate result of the slander.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/21, 5:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio