Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Ohio

My 88 year old mother inlaw put a $1,000 deposit on a mobile home which was supposed to be ready to move into on Sept. 5th, however when she had her stuff moved to the location (she had to be out of her house on that date) the place was not ready and not fit to move into. The owner did not keep his promise to fix things up to her approval, also there was no electric service and other things wrong as well, which would put her in danger. The owner will not give her the deposit back. What can be done to retrive her $1,000. She was given a paper stating that deposits are non refundable, however she did not sign it.

Asked on 9/14/09, 6:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

She can sue the landlord in order to get the deposit back, especiall since she did not sign anything. Plus, the house was uninhabitable. I would be happy to represent you in this.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Ohio