Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

after clocking out for the day i slipped on the ice in my employers parking lot and broke my shoulder and had surgery. was off work for 4 weeks. should i file a workmans comp claim?

Asked on 3/07/11, 4:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Mishkind Mishkind Kuwlicki Law Co. L.P.A.

While I do not do workers comp cases I do handle personal injury claims and I will tell you that it sounds like you would be covered under the workers comp statute as you were still on the premises of your employer at the time of the injury. If you were to try to bring a claim for personal injury due to a fall on ice in a parking lot you would probably lose as these cases are very difficult to prevail in due to the status of the law. Therefore, I would suggest that you file a comp claim as it appears that is your best and perhaps only choice. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Howard Mishkind

Read more
Answered on 3/08/11, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio