Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

fell painting a friends condo over 15ft, taken to hospital, diagnosed with two broken ribs and punctured lung. In terrible pain for a week now and looks like 2 to 3 more weeks of bed ridden type pain. Does this on the surface sound now a case to pursue legally?

Asked on 2/23/11, 4:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steve O'Keefe The O'Keefe Firm

I am sorry to hear about your injury. You may have a case against your friend's home owners insurance company. I would suggest you contact his insurance company to see if they will take the correct steps to help you. If they will not, then I would recommend you contact a personal injury attorney. You only have a limited amount of time to pursue your claim so I would suggest if you do not get a satisfactory result from the insurance company to contact an attorney right away.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/11, 5:56 pm
Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

You will be able to get your medical bills paid under your friends homeowners policy med-pay coverage. If you want wage loss and pain and suffering you will need to prove that the owner did something negligent to cause your injuries. You haven't given any indication that he did. Was the ladder defective? Did he somehow cause you to slip? Did he bump the ladder? Based on the little bit you wrote it seems unlikely you have a claim beyond the medical benefits. Please call me if you wish to discuss this further.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/11, 7:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio