Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

When a property/ condo is quitclaim deeded to you in Ohio and you have Power of Attorney over them, Can you pay on the mortgage in their name after they die. Do you need to get your own mortgage company

Asked on 9/08/21, 8:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jann Washington Jann C. Washington, Esq., LLC

You can pay the mortgage, but what I always recommend is that you contact the mortgage company. Often times they have a process wherein you can take over the mortgage. You will likely have to open an estate to sell the property to you if the mortgage takeover doesn't work.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/21, 4:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio