Legal Question in Business Law in Oklahoma

I have a friend that is working, where he works they did not want to pay over time. so they had created a ledger for this time. now they want him to use up his ledger time before june or he will not recieve it. does my friend have the right to ask them to write him a check for the amount of hours he has worked. or does he have to take the time off. he has asked them to just write him a check but they won't do it. these hours he has worked shouldn;t they have to pay him?

Asked on 2/17/11, 1:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can say this. The employer appears to be engaging in illegal employment practices. Your friend should make a copy of his overtime ledger and see the state employment development or labor department. They will investigate and take corrective action on your friend's behalf. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 2/17/11, 9:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Oklahoma