Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My daughter is in a custody battle, and she is pro se. How does she file a contempt of court document on the father of the children. She gets 3 court ordered phone calls a week and the father has not let that happen. What does she have the right to do and how. Thank you

Asked on 6/06/14, 9:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

If she wants to file a contempt charge against the father of the children, she will need a couple of forms: An Application for Contempt and a Contempt Citation, she should be able to get some sample forms from the Court's Law Library. (If she is in Tulsa County its on the second floor) The forms they have will need to be retyped with her specific information and the exact Court Orders she alleges were not obeyed.

Finally, contempt is defined as willfully disobeying a court's order(s). She will need to be able to prove that the Father's conduct was willful. Good luck in this process. Bob

Read more
Answered on 6/07/14, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma