Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

I have been divorced for over 3 years and my ex still has not taken all of his things off of my property. How long am I obligated to hold on to things named in the divorce decree as his?

Asked on 8/26/15, 7:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

There is no specific statute that directly answers this question for you. If I were you, I would send a certified letter to your ex via U.S. mail with return receipt to prove that he received it. In that letter you need to tell him what the decree said, tell him you have the property, and that he needs to arrange to get it within 30 days. You need to tell him that if he does not come get it, you will dispose of it. If he does not come get it, get rid of it. The other option is to drop it off at his attorney's office and let him handle it. Best of luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/15, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma