Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

pre existing conditions and auto accident

I was involved in 3 car accident and it was not my fault.

I've had back surgery and was currently in therapy on my neck. my therapist discharged me pending another referral from my pcp who refused to file this with my hmo. The pcp finally saw me today and did third party billing with myself as responsible party and gave me a script for futher physical therapy, but refuses to get it authorized thru my hmo. My hmo says they can not force the pcp to accept me as an auto accident patient. My question is what should I do with the script for therapy do to the auto accident. The other person has ins. and my attorney is willing to give lein info , but the therapist that my pcp referred me to which is the same therapist that I was seeing for my neck before the accident says that this has to be authorized through my hmo and that request has to come from the pcp. I been advised to find another pcp but that is something that can not be done until 9/1/2004 whici will not help me now. Is there any alternative avenues that I can pursue at this time?

Asked on 7/30/04, 2:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: pre existing conditions and auto accident

If you are represented by an attorney, as your post indicates, you should consult with your attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/04, 12:44 pm
Hunt John

Re: pre existing conditions and auto accident

You indicate that you have an attorney. These questions should be directed to your attorney who should know your situation and facts better than anyone else. If not then consider whether you have the right attorney handling the matter for you.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/04, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma