Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Oklahoma

Sexual Harassment by the Owner of the company

Help! I have worked for the same small firm for 12 years and for the past 4 my boss has harassed me verybally and physically. His pattern is after lunch he takes his meds (Xanax and pain killers) and then the crap starts. He is in and out of my office numerous times each day and I have screamed at him, physically removed him and he doesn't take me seriously. I have nothing in writing but I have gone to the co-owner of this Co. and complained on 3 separate occassions only for the behavior to start back again. I was promised it wouldn't happen again by both owners and it has. Our receptionist would testify because he has been inappropriate with her as well. I want to quit my job and I have started having anxiety attacks when he pulls up in the morning. What do I do? Can I be financially compensated for what he has put me through?

Asked on 3/08/09, 5:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Katherine Mazaheri Mazaheri Law Firm, PLLC

Re: Sexual Harassment by the Owner of the company

It is possible that you may have a claim for sexual harassment. In Oklahoma, you should file a claim within 300 days of the adverse employment action with an administrative agency such as the EEOC. The EEOC will conduct an investigation with your employer and probably ask for a mediation. However, you will not be able to file suit in Federal Court without first going through an administrative agency. If you have any further questions, please set up an appointment with my firm whose information is featured below.


Katherine Mazaheri

Read more
Answered on 3/10/09, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Oklahoma