Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania

I received a letter from United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of North Carolina regarding a chapter 7 bankruptcy case. I receive a magazine from this company and nothing else. This is Form 309c. In this form "To protect my rights, consult an attorney" . Do I need to do this? I have no claim.

Asked on 3/03/19, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

What you received is generally referred to as Notice of Meeting of Creditors which notifies you both of the case and the meeting date and time. The company probably sent notice to all customers and any interested party so that, if any of those parties have an interest or claim, they will be able to assert their rights.

Since you have no claim, and it is a no asset case at this point with no claim deadline anyway, there is nothing for you to do. You can ignore future notices unless the Trustee or someone on behalf of the debtor, asserts you owe money.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/19, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania