Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

I was an assistant manager at a gas station and quit there one month ago. the police were just at my house asking me questions about the money that went missing while I was working. They said that they have me on video doing returns and taking money out of the register. But they do not have me putting the money on my person or in my purse. they have no proof that I actually stole any money just that money went missing. And the police themselves even admitted that the company that I work for is very disorganized. There was always missing money at that store when I was doing paperwork for months and months and everyone just always wrote it off. And now that I'm no longer working there they're trying to say that I took money. They have fired several people before me I left saying they took money and filed fired several people after me saying they took money. I didn't ever take any money but can they charge me on seeing me do a return if they have no proof that I ever took the money and put it on my person? my fellow assistant manager at the time I believe has had it out for me and she is actually the reason why I quit and I'm worried that she's doing something to try and make it look like I stole money when I didn't. it's been a month since all of this has happened and I'm worried that I'm not going to remember why I did what for what and they try and make that out like I stole it or that I'm lying what do I do?

Asked on 2/17/15, 3:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Zeiger Levin & Zeiger LLP

do not give any statements to anyone including the police.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/15, 4:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania