Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

Back in November I trusted someone to use my car he got pulled over and instead of pulling over he fled from police which led to him totaling my car, I couldn’t do anything about it at the time because I was in the middle of leaving for the navy. Now

I’m stuck paying this car off. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 3/24/20, 8:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Hall Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

One thin you could do is contact the District Attorney's Office in charge of the prosecution and ask that restitution be included in the sentence. Get an estimate of the totaled car and give it to them. It may be many months/years for getting this money, but there's a chance you will this way.

You could also sue the thief in small claims court for your damages - but then you'll have to try to collect on any judgment you obtain. Good luck with that, probably. Better to let the District Attorney's Office and the Court be your collector. You could also do both.

Best of luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/20, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania