Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

my father was given a ticket for driving with a suspended license due to a DUI. He was driving home from work. He needs to drive for work because if he doesnt work he will get thrown in jail by domestic relations for not paying child support for his 4 kids. If he is sent to jail they will add on top of it since he will not be working. He lost his license many years ago from failure to pay child support after losing his job unexpectedly. Is there anyway the judge could tweak the sentence so instead of 60 consecutive days he can just report on the weekends?

Asked on 3/17/20, 3:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Hall Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

Depending on the cop and the magisterial district judge, there are ways this can be handled at the lower court level that could eliminate jail time for your father altogether -- but he needs to contact (and retain) an attorney who knows what he/she is doing. I do this type of work all the time, and would be happy to speak with him. Have him contact me offsite at [email protected] or 267-663-9995.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/20, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania