Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My son has a harassment citation that has the maximum fine of $300. How do I file to get an opportunity to take him in front of the magistrate?


Asked on 4/19/15, 3:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

ANDREA G. TILLIS Law Offices of Andrea G. Tillis

If your son is over the age of 18, you cannot file anything on his behalf. He will have to plead "Not Guilty" and appea on the date set by the Court for the hearing. Your son should get a copy of anything the Plaintiff filed as soon as possible so that he can prepare his defense and line up witnesses whom he wants to appear at the hearing and testify on his behalf.

Your son should see an Attorney so that he is represented at the hearing. If he attempts to go it alone, he risks being incarcerated.


Read more
Answered on 4/19/15, 10:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania