Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I need help figuring out how to communicate with my ex husband about our kids. I stay away from him because he is physically abusive and the last time he hurt me. I’m scared to talk to him or be around him and as a result I’ve only been able to see our youngest child I haven’t seen our oldest he keeps him from me

Asked on 3/02/20, 10:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cary Hall Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

Well, one option is to obtain an Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order against him, as well as contact your local police concerning his abuse. What he's doing to you is *not* okay.

A second option is to file a custody action and obtain an order which sets forth a reasonable custody schedule. If you already have one and he's not following it, you can file a petition for contempt against him and the court will enforce its order.

If you'd like to further discuss these and other options, feel free to contact me offsite at [email protected], or 267-663-9995 during business hours. Best of luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/20, 6:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania