Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My mother passed 3 years ago. My sister was left in charge. My sis had to be removed because she was stilling money from me. My Mother's will stated that my sister and I should get half of everything. My sister had a friend at the bank (teller) that gave my sister my inheritance because my sister told her that she was going to give me my portion. My sister had never filed a short for. I tried to recover my money from my sister through the court. I went to the DA, and the DA told me to sell the house to get my money. My nice is staying in my mother's home and I am not receiving anything. Is it possible to ask the bank for my money because I never gave them my permission to let my sister take my portion? I am the executor now. What should I do? The estate is not settled, and my sister and I am not talking!

Asked on 3/06/19, 11:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

While the purpose of Lawguru is to provide quality legal advice, there are some occasions where the best advice is simply to retain an estate attorney. That is what I highly recommend. An executor acts as a fiduciary which means you are held to a very high standard to protect the estate. Given the stakes, it is in yours and the estates best interest to obtain representation and assure all is done properly and efficiently. An estate attorney will usually charge a percentage of the estate which can be paid from the estate proceeds.

Feel free to call or email me about such a referral.

Very truly yours,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 ph

(610) 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/06/19, 12:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania