Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I received a letter from a law firm threatening action against me if I don't forward mail to my son, who moved out of my house to a new residence? I told him he could come get it anytime, but this was his course of action. This is a two part question since I wasn't sure under which law this fell. Do I have any legal rights concerning my 20 year old Autistic son as far as making decisions about his well being?

Asked on 4/02/20, 9:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Your sons creditor has no basis to take any action against you.

I don’t know if you are referring to the same son, or not, but any individual over the age of 18 has full authority over their own lives. The only way to obtain authority is a guardianship but you must be able to demonstrate that the individual is incapacitated and cannot handle their own affairs.

I rust that answers your questions but do not hesitate to call or email with any questions, including referring the son to me for possible help with his debt.

Very truly yours,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 ph

(610) 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/02/20, 12:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania