Legal Question in Employment Law in Pennsylvania

I was in a theatrical production, for which I signed a contract stating that I would be paid on March 29th, 2017. Since that date fellow performers and myself have called, emailed and texted the company we worked for, and didn't receive a response until yesterday. In the email response, there was not a date provided for when the funds would be available, citing "cash flow issues". What should be my next steps in terms of pursuing legal action, if I have the ability to?

Asked on 4/11/17, 11:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

Depending how much is involved and where the defendant is located I would file a suit in either a small claims court if you meet the jurisdictional limits or in a higher Common Pleas Court if you are owed above the maximum limit in small claims Court. This may come under the Wage payment and collection law but only if you were considered an employee and not an independent contractor.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/17, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania