Legal Question in Employment Law in Pennsylvania

I recently retired from a retail food industry store. Last December, 2015, the union amended the contract as if a union member retires and collects a pension check, they cannot work for another retail food industry store. If they do, their pension check gets suspended till they are 70 years old. A member can collect full pension after 30 years of service, and 55 years old. My question is can they legally do this. No members ever received this memo. It was told to me when I filed my pension papers. The "geographic area" means New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

Asked on 5/04/16, 3:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

you should have your plan documents and any amendment reviewed by an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/16, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania