Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania


I bought a house in 2001 for which my brother co-signed. He granted me power of attorney for the property. He has never lived here, nor has he contibuted any funds of any nature toward the upkeep of the property. I have been living here with my children since 2001. He is now demanding that I sell the house, which I don't want to do. Can he force the sale of the house? If he can, is he entitled to half, or all of the profits(he seems to think he is entitled to everything.) He is threatening to take legal action if I don't comply with his wishes, and I don't know where to start. Thank you for any advice you're able to supply!

Asked on 12/28/09, 12:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jack Hubbert Law Offices of Jack Hubbert

When you say he co-signed, I presume you mean on the mortgage note. Is he also on the deed as a co-owner of the property?

Read more
Answered on 1/03/10, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania