Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

I was given a open container and broken seal citation at a DUI checkpoint in SC. I was sleeping in the back seat with a sober driver. I admit to the open container, an empty beer can, but the broken seal citation not so much. It was a wedding gift and no one was drunk in the car. what can I do to fight this?

Asked on 5/14/12, 7:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

To actually "fight" it, you would have to go to trial and would be by far better off with an attorney.

However, depending on certain information that I do not have, there might be alternatives to "fighting" it, such as one of the community service programs, or or something through negotiations. Again, a lawyer can ask you the necessary questions in order to advise you.

If you are in Horry or Georgetown County, please feel free to call.

Robert J. Johnston, Attorney


Read more
Answered on 5/15/12, 6:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina