Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Hi my son got a letter today that said in 2007 and 2011 he had a reckless driving charge so now his licence is suspended for 3 months and he has to then get sr22. This was 8 and 4 years ago .cld the dmv have made a mistake ?

Asked on 6/25/15, 9:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

DMV does a pretty good job, considering the massive amount of information they have to process. But mistakes can happen. If your son does not think he received those tickets, then probably his starting point would be to go to the DMV. For about $3.00 they will give a person their 10 year driving record. That would have the basic information on the tickets. It would probably have the issuing law enforcement agency's name that they say wrote the tickets. You could then try contacting them. They might even be able to produce copies of the actual tickets, if they exist. Due to the length of time that has past, all of this is not going to be easy. But if you are convinced there is an error, then its at least a starting point. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/15, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina