Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

Our house is in both my husband's name and my name. I want a divorce he doesn't is there any way I can sell the house

Asked on 10/31/15, 9:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eugene Belenitsky Eugene L. Belenitsky, Attorney At Law

You cannot sell the home without getting the divorce or his permission. It is not an option to just deny someone a divorce. If one person wants out, there will be a divorce whether the other wants to assent or not. Filing for divorce will start the process of dissolution of marriage as well as separation of assets. Call a lawyer and get answers.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/15, 10:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee