Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

I live in Tennessee and i want to know even though me and the bilogal parent isn't married do i have the right to take away things from them

Asked on 12/30/15, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Houston II Ben H. Houston II

More information is needed to answer your question. What are you trying to take away from the other parent? Are you the Mother or the Father? If you are the Mother, then pursuant to T.C.A. 36-2-303, you have full custody of your child until a court orders otherwise. If you are the Father and there has never been a court order establishing any parenting rights, you will need to file a petition to establish paternity and visitation rights in order to have any enforceable right to see your child on a regular basis. I would advise you to contact an attorney that specializes in child custody in order to discuss the particular facts of your case and determine what your best course of action is moving forward.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/15, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee