Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

If my ex wife is in contempt of court by not letting me speak to my son.

Can i hire a lawyer to fight it it and make my ex pay for all court charges?

Its her fault so why must i pay legal costs.

My ex and my son are in Western Tennessee

Asked on 12/19/15, 1:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Houston II Ben H. Houston II

You can certainly file a petition for contempt, and as part of your petition for contempt you can seek to recover your attorney's fees and court costs. Ultimately, it will be up to the Judge to decide whether you should be awarded your court costs and attorney's fees. Best of Luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/28/15, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee