Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

I petitioned to take him to court to enforce child support and to modify our agreed on plan. He did not take part in parenting class so therefore, his rights were temporarily suspended. I was summoned to court today on his behalf so that he can fight me for custody on a later date. He is trying to get me for contempt of court. He is also trying to prove me unfit with allegations. I do not have a lawyer and he does. I am worried about the outcome. He does have a history of domestic violence. I stopped allowing my child to leave in his care - due to the conditions in which he continued to return my son to me. Should I be concerned ?

Asked on 1/18/18, 12:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Steven Anderson J. Steven Anderson Law Firm, PLLC

Yes. You need to get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/18, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee