Legal Question in Immigration Law in Tennessee


hi i am asking a question on behalf of my boyfriend. we are wanting to get married but he is illegal what should we do/

Asked on 11/19/08, 4:48 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rachel Baskin Rachel Baskin, Attorney at Law

Re: immigration

You should consult with an immigration attorney to see what his options are. Be sure to clarify what you mean when you say that he is illegal. An attorney should be able to tell you whehter or not he will be able to obtain status while remaining in the US, after going over his entire immigration history and his parents' immigration history.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/08, 4:52 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: immigration

You can go ahead and get married.

Applying for his green card typically depends upon whether he entered the US legally or not.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss this matter in greater detail over the telephone.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/08, 5:19 pm
Andrea Ayers Law Office of Andrea M. Ayers

Re: immigration

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information about your boyfriend's situation to offer any specific advice. The answer will depend on the specifics of your case. I would be glad to discuss specifics further with you. If you like, please give me a call or e-mail me directly.


Andrea M. Ayers

Read more
Answered on 11/19/08, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Tennessee