Legal Question in Employment Law in Tennessee

My employer quoted my job wage at $7.50 per hour. 3 months later they say they made a mistake and should be paying me $7.25 per hour and that I have to pay them back. This was their mistake, I was quoted 7.50 now they change their minds and say I owe them for overpaying, is this legal?

Asked on 8/14/10, 12:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James R. Becker, Jr. Becker Law Firm

It is legal for them to change your wage going forward. However, the employer cannot retroactively change your wages and demand repayment from you.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/10, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Tennessee