Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Texas

I filed bankruptcy and a old company sold there business to a new company and now they call me everyday saying I still owe money. The new compant name was never added to bankruptcy paperwork but the old company was. What can I do to stop them harassing me by phone.

Asked on 5/14/20, 7:48 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Nichols Law Office of Andrew B. Nichols

There is a process in the bankruptcy court for essentially suing the creditor for violating the terms of the bankruptcy discharge order that you received in your case. You may want to write them a letter explaining that the debt was discharged in your bankruptcy. If they persist you will likely need to seek assistance from an attorney. Feel free to contact my office if you need such assistance. By the way, the creditor that is violating the discharge order would be made to pay your attorney's fees.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/20, 9:42 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

I agree with my Learned Friend Mr. Andrew .B. Nichols.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/20, 10:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Texas