Legal Question in Consumer Law in Texas

Wha can i do about my water being shut off for non payment of a 25 $ late charge i don't believe i was late on? I am 58 years old & on Social Security Disability for a brain tumor & have been without running water since April 2014


Asked on 3/18/15, 2:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Contact your water department and ask them for the date the payment was received. Confirm that payment with your bank (or whoever you paid through). If you can show the payment date is incorrect then the department may waive the fee and turn on the water. If you were late then perhaps they can waive the fee because you are on a limited budget.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/15, 11:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Texas