Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have a 3yr old and her biological dad signed her birth certificate.We have no questions about paternity.There is a guy I dated in between a break up that THINKS he is.I never told him he was ...can he sue me..he is threatening to have us summoned

Asked on 3/20/20, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley KoonsFuller PC

He could file a suit to determine parentage and get the court to order a genetic/DNA test. If you wanted to, you could get a court-admissible DNA test done between your child and his actual father and use that in court to dismiss the other guy's claims.

He won't get any money out of you and, if he's not the biological father, he won't get any custody rights.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/20, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas