Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child custody law

Me and my x-wife have been divorced for 2 1/2 years now, we have four kids together. we fought for custody of the kids and she won rights as main conservator of kids. I have my weekends,holidays and summers with the kids. i have come to find out that one of the four children lives with her mother, and has been living there for the past two years. now when we first we were in court , i was fighting for custudoy of the boys which is two of the four, because the boys were closer to me. her argument in court was that she didn't want to split any of the children up because that's what happened with her when she was young. Now here she is with 3 of the children that she fought so hard for and left one to her mother. her mother lives at least 5 miles away in arlington, tx. Why does her mother have rights to my child as if my child was almost given away to her mother for tax purposes.Can I bring this back to court?

Asked on 4/07/02, 3:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eliseo Rico III The Law Office of Rico & Associates

Re: child custody law

You may want to seek a modification to the custody order.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/02, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas