Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Motion to Enforce

My ex was ordered to provide a Deed of Trust and Lien

on a piece of property as security for payment to me in

the divorce settlement (Decree signed 6-2001). He has

NOT complied with any orders. My atty. says she must

have these documents BEFORE she can provide a Writ

of Execution and/or Motion to Enforce. If my ex's atty., a

good friend of my atty., advises my ex NOT to sign these

papers, what other options do I have?

Asked on 3/25/02, 12:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Motion to Enforce

I cannot discuss your case with you when you are represented by counsel. If you have an attorney who cannot solve this situation in nearly a year, you might consider firing your attorney, and finding another attorney who has the solution.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/02, 12:13 pm
Paul Velte IV Paul C. Velte IV, Attorney at Law

Re: Motion to Enforce

It's simple. If he was ordered to do it, and does not, you move to hold him in contempt of the order. And ask for attorney fees for the hassle.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/02, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas