Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

I am being sued in small claims court. The amount on the front of the document does not match the itemized amount. Is this a technicality to dismiss the case

Asked on 9/29/14, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

I am not sure exactly what documents you are referring to but it is doubtful that you can dismiss the suit based upon numerical disagreement. If you are being sued then you should at least talk to a lawyer about the suit and determine whether you need to hire representation or just pay for a few hours of advice about how to handle the case in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/14, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas