Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

I am applying for US Citizenship, and I had a DUI in 1999. Should I mention this on my application?

Asked on 11/12/16, 8:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You are required to note all arrests or convictions on Form N-400, as well as provide an arrest report &/or court disposition. Since USCIS takes your fingerprints, they will have your entire rap sheet. If you lie or omit key information, even if it has been over 5 years, your case could be denied. If you are in doubt of your eligibility due to a criminal history, please consult with an immigration attorney before filing your case.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/16, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas