Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

I have worked for the same company for 14 years. My division was recently sold to a consortium and the new Co. retained all the employees. Now the new Co. has requested a no compete form to be signed which would restrict me from working in for a competitor or any company which services the industry. Is this legal and what can I do to protest myself?

Asked on 3/08/13, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

No way to protect yourself short of refusal to sign, and if fired, you would be paid unemployment but do NOT quit unless you have a different job....Texas legislature and Courts protect employers

Read more
Answered on 3/08/13, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas