Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Texas

There is a doctor that has treated me a few times over the past year. I left my last job about a month ago, and wanted to find employment as quickly as possible. This doctor attempted to hire me to spy on a competitor in another city to gain information to steal this doctor's patients. I was also to assist in helping to design a website, purchase a billboard, along with other standard advertising strategies to bring more patients to his practice. What is even more horrific is that I was asked to be a "companion" for this doctor. He requested that I perform certain duties similar to what a stay at home wife would; even sex. I am 27 years old, I was told by him that he was 40. I have recently learned that this doctor is 55. I feel so offended on so many levels. But, more what concerns me even more is that he may attempt to find another person to perform these tasks. Does anyone have any advice?

Asked on 10/07/11, 10:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

1. Break off your relationship with this doctor. Write him a letter (do NOT use a telephone) and tell him that you are looking for another doctor to be your primary health care physician.

2. If you feel strongly enough about it, report him to the police (he solicited prostitution) and to the Texas Medical Board. Their website is here:

Read more
Answered on 10/08/11, 8:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas