Legal Question in Consumer Law in United Kingdom

Wrong money given over the counter

i just after a bit of help. I have just got back off holiday and changed my money back from euro's to pounds. When i did this the computer systems were down so the carrier did this manually. She worked it out on the receipt and inputted the figures of �400 and �265 which in total was �665. She then handed over �665. 1 day later the shop rang me up and said the calulations which she did for the �400 was wrong and should only be �300 and asked me to bring the different back. Since this i have had phones calls and then they said its threft and said they will report it to the police. I have the receipt which says �400 plus �265 and i signed for that.

Please advise if they are right and can get the police involved over this matter and ant think else that can be done to me or them


Asked on 9/24/08, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fahri Toga TOGA//OKSUZ

Re: Wrong money given over the counter

Dear Sir/Madam,

Here is our WEB site address

You can personally ask your question and our attorneys help you to solve your problem.

Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/08, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in United Kingdom