Legal Question in Administrative Law in Virginia

Can a biological parent object to termination of parental rights, or even have to be contacted for that matter, if the parent never saw the child and is currently in prison? Would adoption by a stepparent be an option or viable way to effectively terminate parental rights?

Asked on 9/19/17, 11:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, the biological parent normally needs to be contacted regarding a proposed

termination of his parental rights and the answer to your second question is definitely

in the affirmative.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 9/20/17, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Virginia