Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

My husband left me with a motorcycle. He made me loose my job. And now he isn't paying for the bike. I can't drive it. N I co signed to get it. Its 11000 bike. And I don't want this to ruin my there anyway to get him to pay this? In va we can't get divorced for a year. So how do I settle this before then?

Asked on 12/12/11, 12:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Without his cooperation, you don't "settle this before then", i.e., the divorce,

but rather as a co-signer (guarantor) of the loan, you must keep paying on it either until he restarts his payments or until the matter is settled in a final decree of divorce and in which you are reimbursed for your payments on this bike.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/11, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia