Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

What is unallocated support? And is it a good option for me to choose in a divorce if i have children and my spouse wants alimony and also do I need to pay the amount as long as they turn 19 or will the state stop part of the payment like alimony will stop once the spouse gets remarried?

Asked on 11/30/18, 10:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

"Unallocated support" usually refers to a single amount that the payor is obligated to give

to the designated payee and typically includes both alimony as well as child one

single amount.

Without knowing more relevant facts related to your questions, other than stating that if the person

designated to receive the alimony remarries, the obligation to pay it will cease on the part

of the obligor under applicable Virginia law.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 12/22/18, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia