Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

I am executor of my parents will, have 2 plots that need to be sold. My sister will not respond to me nor the cemetery regarding this issue. Also still have a balance due on my fathers nursing home stay. What are my options?

Asked on 12/03/17, 8:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward

As executor, after getting qualified in the probate section of the Circuit Court, you have certain powers to act without your sister's consent. You really should engage an attorney in Charlottesville to assist you in going through the steps of being an executor. The attorney fees involved should be chargeable to the estate, not you personally.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/17, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia