Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

I have voluntary deportation recently immigration came to my house looking for me now my question is I want to get married I'm not looking to get any papers by getting married since my girlfriend has DACA we are moving out together and I wanted to know if I get married in Court will that help them track me and come for me and the port me?

Asked on 8/02/16, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

It is not likely that marriage will alert ICE to your location. Although you mentioned that you do not intend to file papers, I caution you that a removal order (what your voluntary departure converts to when you donít, in fact, depart) prevents adjustment to a green card. You will need to address this at some point, if your soon-to-be-wife is ever able to derive some form of legal status in the US.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/16, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia